Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Sewing table and end table






I got a REALLY awesome purchase. My in-laws gave Mike and me a cash gift for our anniversary. 100 each. YOWSA. Perfect timing- our Wal-Mart is closing out their fabric department- so of course what does Wal-Mart do? DISCOUNT!!!!!! AMAZING deals- I got yards and yards of ribbon- CUTE ribbon- for like 12 cents a yard! I got fabric for a quilt (fabric that I had previously seen, wanted, but wouldn’t buy because of the price); I got fabric for some aprons, some presents, and for doll clothes. SO EXCITING- I spent I think almost 40 dollars total and got a haul. THEN, I got a closet hanger extender, much needed- so happy. THEN- I went to value village and thought I’d look around- what do I find? An amazing desk- L-shaped, with laminated type counter tops. Perfect for a sewing table. I have a sewing table- but it’s HUGE, HEAVY, and need I say HUGE again? It’s just way too big- takes up way too much space- so this is just wonderful- so we got rid of the old- and moved in the new- it was 25 dollars- but I had a coupon that brought it down to 20. So it was a spendy littler bugger, but worth it. THEN- I went to the dollar store and I bought packs of plastic cups and custard cups- got some wood from the Heidimans-(they had extra) and I screwed them onto a piece of wood- to hold all my stuff- My other desk had drawers- this one doesn’t- so I had to find a place for all my junk, like glue sticks, crayons, markers, screws, nails etc. So I screwed them on- and labeled them and I just LOVE it. So cute and organized. I just wish I knew I were going to be doing this- because then I would have coordinated my boards that I JUST did, so they don’t match- anyway- it’s totally awesome- but I haven’t even gotten to sew on it yet because I’ve been working so MUCH! I have been working so much, and whenever they need someone to cover extra hours they call me- so I haven’t had any free time. I would like to have the desk out in the family room, and I could just put the smaller couch in the sewing room where the desk is- but Mike said it would look ugly. I just like being out in the family room- I feel a part of the world- there’s sun shining through the window- the sewing room is just gloomy.

While I was there I also spotted a really cute end table. We’ve been needing one for the family room- has really cool carvings and shape- so I’m going to paint it the green of the hutch or the blue in the frames- can’t decide which- Amy Heidiman pointed out though that all my furniture is black- but I don’t know. Anyway- I’m so excited to paint it- except now I have the anxiety of “gotta brush up on my Spanish”.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Holy smokes. I could stare at your sewing table and cups/organizational things all day!!! I love it!!! It looks like it's out of a magazine. I want it in my house. The aprons are ADORABLE and the dolls are SO STINKING CUTE!!! I sometimes wonder if you got most of the talent in the family. Love you!!!!!

Danielle said...

Amen to Lizzie. Seriously, you have so much talent in you it's INSANE! I saw your cup/organizer things for all your little things like crayons and what not- and honest to goodness thought, oh my gosh- where'd she get the money to buy that stuff?! That is soooo cool! Come to find out, you MADE IT! of course. Should've known. I love it! I wish I had a room for sewing and craft stuff. That is SUCH a good idea- I am so doing that right when i have an extra room for that kind of stuff. You are so amazing- really. I love you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, what a difference. I am so happy for you. And yes, I did see the apron. I love the ruffles. It was SO GOOD to talk to you last night. I hated getting off, but I had to. I love you.