Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ugly apartment curtains

Now what do we do about those ugly apartment curtains? Take them down, put them under your bed, and put them back up before me you move! I found some really cool fabric that actually looked really ugly by itself, but it was the same color as the green in my accent pillows, and had really cool texture, sort of a linen, silk dupioni feel. I knew it would look perfect but there wasn't enough on the bolt of fabric. I thought I'd take the cream color from my couch and make a wide cream border to make up for the missing fabric. I tried to find a cream in the same texture as the green so it would flow better. Ideally I would have a cute black rod and clips, but I couldn't take down the apartment rod, so I had to adjust my ideas to the curtain rod provided. Also ideally I wouldn't have the cream against the cream wall, but - you can't paint apartment walls, and it's only the border, so I thought I could get away with it. If you are going to do a color against the same color, I suggest only doing a border or piping or trim, nothing too large, or it will just disappear.


No comments: