Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ironed the dolls down with clothes!





 Alrighty- so I ironed them all down! Now I just need to embroider the faces.  If I were to do it all over again- these are the things I would do differently:
 This hair piece went behind the face, so it showed through the face, you can see a dramatic color change in the neck. So I think next time- I won't do any hair that goes behind the face, only OVER the face.
This one- I think it would have looked better to place the hair behind the dress- because the dress  shows through the hair piece. That bothers me.

But I'd say all in all, I am quite pleased. I have mixed emotions about the dresses. I just used scraps from my fabric pile, rather than going out and buying specific fabrics. Some of the outfits I love, but others I more so did just because that's what I had. I go back and forth with this idea. I like the idea of using up what i have, but is it really worth it, if you're not going to be in love with your creation in the end? And dont' get me wrong- I still love it, you get what I mean.

The other thing I wish I would have done was the skin color a little darker. I already wanted the skin color darker to begin with, but I couldn't find a peach color. There was only pink, off white or white. The store said they wouldnt' get peach in until the spring- can you believe that? But I checked everywhere. I didn't want to wait that long so I went ahead with the off-white. It's fine, but the arms want to disappear when you are far away. Up close you see the arms though.

Now I have to decide how I want to assemble the quilt, what fabrics I want to use, etc.

AND I have to decide if I'm going to sew around the applique. You are not supposed to sew on Ultra Hold HeatnBond, but I've heard that if you sew slowly you can do it. I'll keep you posted!

Overall I am very happy and excited about this project!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

SO stinkin cute! Love em!

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! What a cute idea! They all look so sweet and I like the one with the hair in front I can see why you might want to change it but I just really liked it that way. You are awesome!

Megan and Greg said...

Those dolls are cool. I can't believe how much work went into them. You never posted your green dress. Did you finish it?

Aliese the Writer said...

Those are really cute! I love the aprons and the shoes. :)

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love, love, love them!!! I think they are sooooo cute!