Monday, March 23, 2009

My dresses!

So, this was a dress that I finished awhile ago, but haven't worn it yet, because it's been rainy and gross outside, but I've decided to just go ahead and wear it. This was a more spendy dress. it was originally 14.99 a yard, clearanced to 8 dollars a yard, 50% off- 4 dollars a yard- and i got 2 1/2 yards of it, so it was 10 dollars, but my mom paid for it when she came to visit, so it was free! I'm really excited to wear it. Kind of has a hippy vibe to it. And the fabric is stretchy if you can't tell. I already had a pattern for it. So that was nice.


I love this dress: total cost: $2.62. I've loved this fabric ever since I saw it at 9.99 a yard. Then it went clearanced 5.00, then 50% off clearance, 2.50, then 30% of total purchase. But that's not why I love it. I love the style. I've been wanting a dress like this for a long time, but most of them that are affordable, are too short. I am so inlove with this dress and I can't wait to wear it to church. It doesn't have a zipper because the neck is big enough to fit over, without the belt, it's just kind of a loose bag on me. I am so pleased with this dress. I actually need to hem the sleeves, but I just couldn't wait to take a picture. Also, this was originally a shirt pattern I had, and i just made it longer, because I didn't want to buy a pattern. I'd had the fabric for quite some time, but couldn't figure out what to make out of it, originally I was going to make a top, but I'm so glad I didn't, and made this dress. I love it.



9 comments:

Danielle said...

AMY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE BOTH DRESSES! I looooooooooooove the first one because of the length and hippi-feel. I LOVE that. And I LOOOOVE the second because it is so sheek and amazing. I just love them all! I really want you to make me dresses because you are so good at them! I wish we lived by each other so you could help me! I love you!!!

Danielle said...

Oh yeah- you look GORGEOUS in the pictures! Your hair is so long and so pretty!!!

Courtenay Beth said...

YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE both dresses!!! Especially the first one, I have been OBSESSED with LONG dresses, I feel so girly and so relaxed and so cute in them, you are so adorable! Love you!

Kristi M. said...

Holy tamoly! Can you just make me dresses and ship them to me. I will even pay for all of it. Just kidding but I love that you have that talent because I understand the too short problem. It really limits choices.

Heidi's hair is actually naturally curly like that. I have the most curl. More tight curls and some frizz, Heidi's is in between and Mindy is just straight. Nothing to hers. Honestly I have no idea what she puts in it. I don't think anything special. I use Aveda Be Curly. Love that stuff!

Chad and Jessica said...

Holy hotness! I love the dresses, and you hair looks really good like that. I can't believe you made those dresses for so cheap! you really have a great eye for fabric....knowing that it will look great when you make it into clothing....I have such a hard time....I have a hard time envisioning....WAY TO GO! You'll be turning heads

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Great look for you Amy, and I really like you in both dresses. You are just a chip off the old block. You are beautiful. Love grams

Emily said...

They are both SO CUTE! You are amazing!

Lizzie said...

Unbelievable as always. I love love your dresses. And your right, I especially love the Banana Republic looking one. Very cool. I can't believe how cheap you made them.

And I LOVE your quilt. Those JoAnn ladies are crazy. Your quilt looks awesome.

Virginia Janet said...

Hey!! You're looking so pretty in both dresses!! I like your choice!!